Here’s some of the most bizarre places you’ve probably never imagined in your wildest dreams! Some of them are certainly jaw dropping.
1. The Gate of Hell, Turkmenistan – Located in the middle of the Karakum desert is a small village named Derweze, an area rich in natural gases in northern Turkmenistan. It is also the place of the so-called Doors or Gates of Hell, a crater that burns like a torch day and night and whose flames can easily be seen from miles away. It’s not a creation of the nature, but an accident caused by people during the mineral exploration. In 1971, the drilling operations have caused a collapse of caverns, leading to the creation of a crater with a diameter of 60 meters and a depth of 20 meters. The probe was burned to remove toxic gases, but it burns without interruption ever since.
Here are some really interesting and unimaginable tasks these aquatic creatures can perform. This will blow your mind for sure!
1. Pufferfish can blow up in size – It is also known as the blowfish because feels it is in danger it can blow itself up to a size of a grapefruit. They develope this inflatability because their slow, somewhat clumsy swimming style makes them vulnerable to predators. In lieu of escape, pufferfish use their highly elastic stomachs and the ability to quickly ingest huge amounts of water (and even air when necessary) to turn themselves into a virtually inedible ball several times their normal size. Some species also have spines on their skin to make them even less palatable.
Here are some geographical features that will certainly surprise you and is hard to believe.
1. Canada has most number of lakes in the world – Out of all the lakes in the world, nearly 50% of the lakes are situated in Canada itself! Canada is the second largest country on the face of the Earth. As per Wikipedia, More than 60 percent of the world’s lakes are in Canada. A whopping 9% of Canada’s surface is covered in fresh water. The number of lakes larger than three square kilometres is estimated at close to 31,752 by the Atlas of Canada, with 561 lakes with a surface area larger than 100 km2,including four of the Great Lakes.
Here are some of the most bizarre and unimaginable ways animals use to protect themselves from any danger and use certain distinct mechanisms to defend themselves from predators.
1. Malaysian exploding ant – Malaysian ants internally combust under threat, causing their bodies to explode while they wait until their enemies are close enough to die before detonating. Camponotus saundersi soldier ants have large glands full of poison inside their bodies. When they sense a threat, they contract their abs, causing the glands on either side of their bodies to explode and spray poison.
Did you know that there is an emotional pattern noticed even in animals similar to human being hence making them intelligent in the animal kingdom. Let’s discover how some animals can display the same emotions as humans.
1. Elephants mourn their dead – Did you know that just as human being feel deep & sad emotions on the death of a near & dear one, in the same, even elephants mourn over their dead. When elephants come across bones of their own kind lying around, they will gather around them and caress the skulls and tusks with their long, thick trunks.
We don’t really pay much attention to our nails except for the regular nail polish and the occasional manicure. Have you ever thought beyond that? Here are some interesting facts about your nails you might not have come across.
1.Average growth of fingernails is 3.5mm/month – According to the American Academy of Dermatology, fingernails grow faster on your dominant hand.
The human heart is an organ that pumps blood throughout the body via the circulatory system, supplying oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and removing carbon dioxide and other wastes.
Source & photo credits: facts.randomhistory.com
India as we all know, is a land of diverse cultures and religion with a rich Historic background. With 29 States and 7 Union territories It is the second most populated Country with over 1.2 billion people and the most populous Democracy in the world. Well, these are just a couple of well-known facts. Here are some bizarre facts you probably weren’t aware of:
1. India Has six seasons listed in the hindu calendar : Summer autmn ,winter, spring, monsoon and Prevernal.
When we hear or talk about Switzerland the first few things that instantly come to our mind are Alps-snow clad mountains, Swiss bank, chocolates, swizz knife and beautiful location seen across movies especially in Bollywood movies. But there more interesting stories which describes Switzerland than the stereo type. Mentioned below are few such interesting unheard stories of Swiss land.